Wednesday 10 May 2017

Interesting Times

Oskar Zwintscher: Grief (1898)

Well, 2017 is turning out to be The Year My Erotica Publishers Folded. First Ellora's Cave, at the very start of the year, then Samhain in March - and now Sweetmeats.


I am pretty depressed about this one. I loved the covers and production values at Sweetmeats, and I loved Named and Shamed - hands down the most wildly filthy novel I have ever written and made even more shocking by its interior illustrations by John LaChatte. It got 5/5 for story and 5/5 at BDSM Book Reviews!

It's still on sale at Amazon US and Amazon UK, though I don't know for how much longer.

Amazon US :: Amazon UK

Hopefully I'll get my rights back - no official word yet 😔

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Awful news, so sorry to hear it... You should get your rights back automatically - check the contract. That will also state the rights to the artwork, probably returning to the copyright owner. If so, you might be able to get the images direct from the artist and republish.

Janine Ashbless said...

Yes, we've been promised official notification by the end of the month - hopefully everything will be nice and straight forward.

Artemis55 said...

I'm so sorry. I love that book. It's sexy and hilarious and well-researched. I hate that these publishers are closing.

Janine Ashbless said...

Thank you so much <3
I despair of publishing at the moment ... but do I want to sell my soul to Amazon and self-publish instead?