Wednesday 12 March 2014

Eroticon exposed

Like I would...
What a weekend!
I've been away at Eroticon 2014, the smutwriters' convention, in Bristol.
The old city-centre of Bristol is very pretty - much improved from when I knew it as a teenager and spent an evening hanging about in the ice-rink car-park*.



I shared a very pleasant hotel room with Vida Bailey, who BROUGHT CHOCCIES and shared all the goss and kept me going all weekend :-D  Thank you Vida!

Obligatory selfie
I got yummy books and a useful spanking stick:

Photo from Lily Harlem's blog
And yummy food in wonderful company:

God, it's a hard life
And I went to sessions on censorship, story structure, sex and spirituality, and flash fiction (thanks to Kristina Lloyd we got to play Flash Fuck Bingo, which has to be a first for this nation), plus a mesmerising BDSM demonstration.

Ashley Lister saying unforgiveable things about The Hobbit. He will pay...
And there was the night in the bar and the cocktail party too ... I didn't get nearly enough sleep!

I met with too many writing friends, old and new, to recall: Vida, Lily, Lily, Cara Sutra, Kristina, Ashley, Tabitha, Bella, Jennifer, Jacqueline, Lexie, Lucy, Kay, KD, Victoria, John, Jilly, Ruby, Zak ... oh goodness, I'm bound to have left people off by mistake. Sorry!

But now I have a cold. In fact, I gather we all have the same cold...
Smutwriters, eh?

I'm going to end with a THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to the extraordinary Ruby Kiddell, who has somehow managed to bring into being three UK Eroticons now, out of thin air and her own incredible organisational ability and hard work. You are an erotica demi-goddess!

*A pathetic true story ...

9 comments:

K D Grace said...

Fab post!

So lovely to see you again, Janine! Wish there'd been more time to chat. Isn't that just the motto of the weekend?

KD x

Victoria said...

It was lovely seeing you, feel better soon!

Jillian said...

Hehe! It was lovely meeting you properly. Had a look through your blog - how bloody awesome are you?! I'd love to go to Nine Worlds this year...

Lily Harlem said...

Wow, didn't we have fun! Great write up and that pic of the delicious Stable food is making me hungry!

Jo said...

That no fouling photo came out perfect! Love it!

And the one of you in the mirror is pretty tasty too.

Lucy Felthouse said...

It was lovely see you again and spend a bit of time together. Sorry I was so out of it on Saturday - I've ONLY JUST caught up on my sleep! I promise to be better when I see you next :)

Jacqueline Brocker said...

Wasn't that food lovely at dinner? Great pics capturing the event, and great to catch up with you too. :)

Janine Ashbless said...

Guys - We have to have a social next year, even if Eroticon is taking a well-earned break! So many fab smutwriters must not be kept apart for long!

Jo said...

I wholeheartedly agree.