Friday 30 August 2013

Oxford: the naughty bits




I had a day in lovely Oxford last month. I'm sort of ashamed not to have been there before and I will certainly go back. Beautiful architecture, idyllic punting scenes on the Isis, the pub where Tolkien and CS Lewis used to hang out with their Inkling friends ... no, I'm not going to show you any of that! I'm going to share pictures of sexy stuff I found in the Ashmolean Museum!

Because the best thing about Culture is the cracks through which you view the eternal dirty mind of humanity.
 
Yes, it's a prehistoric vase shaped like a giant booty


Beware ... she may look hot but she's a smallpox goddess

The art of the decolletage was perfected in ancient Crete

Well, you wouldn't being mummified to diminish your feminine allure, would you?

Remnants of a giant statue of the phallic god Min, doing precisely what you think he's doing
Culture ... I can't get enough of it ;-)

2 comments:

Jo said...

A giant wanking statue. This is high culture indeed.

Janine Ashbless said...

You'd expect nothing less from me, surely?
;-)