Sunday 26 May 2013

Nessun Dorma



Well, my week is not going as planned. Obeying Jo's instructions, I was all set to escape dogs and Facebook and go into my usual retreat to write. But the Travel God had other ideas.

On Thursday they cancelled all short-range flights out of London Heathrow.
On Friday I tried to get on my rescheduled flight, only to find that the 40-minute road trip to said airport was in gridlock. After 2 hours on the road I accepted that the gates had closed and we were still 5 miles away.

So my plan is now to go sit in the garden and write. Well, worse things happen at sea, eh?



4 comments:

Jo said...

Well, shite.

I hope plan B is working. Nice weather, anyway!

Janine Ashbless said...

Yes - We have a sunny bank holiday weekend! It is a miracle!

Alex Ess said...

That's weird, I was listening to this last Thursday. I just had this random hankering to hear Erik Adams sing some opera.

Janine Ashbless said...

I was listening to it in the car on the way to Italy ... well, I thought I was on the way to Italy. *sigh*

I did get very little sleep for the rest of that week, mind.