Friday 8 March 2013

Guest Post: Confessional

Hello and Welcome (do I sound like a TV show host?) to the fabulous Justine Elyot, my stablemate at Black Lace and Mischief. She's here to talk about being a Kinky Wife, a subject that I personally would know nothing about, honest... 

Over to you, Justine!



I'm delighted to be over here in the cool corner of the erotica sandbox with Janine – many thanks for inviting me to talk about my new Mischief novella, Confessions of a Kinky Wife.

Is there a format that lends itself more perfectly to erotica than the confessional? Secret Diary of this, Confessions of that – you'll find them all over the bestseller lists, and with good reason. When you open a volume of secrets or confessions, you can be sure that you're going to get something illicit and thrilling, admissions of guilt, expressions of shame. It says a lot about us that much of the material we find most powerfully erotic is that which deals with the taboo and forbidden.

But, in a world where kink is as widely discussed as recipes for tuna casserole, will this continue to be the case, I wonder? Perhaps one day, perhaps soon, stories like that of Philippa and Dan will be filler in the pages of Take A Break. 'Reader Story: Spanking Saved My Marriage'. Or perhaps not.

For now, it remains the preserve of erotica, and that's how you'll find my book labelled. Here's the blurb:

Is it possible to be a confident twenty-first century woman and submit to your lover?
It's difficult, as a modern woman, to admit that you want your lover to punish you. Not just a fun spanking in the bedroom – real punishment.

Philippa knows what she wants. She wants her police officer husband to take her in hand.


But how do you ask your lover to hurt you? And, if they're willing, how do you make sure that being taken in hand doesn't get out of hand?


Philippa and Dan explore the secret world of Domestic Discipline. Perhaps it will suit them, perhaps it won't. But they mean to find out, one way or the other.

It's available from all the outlets you'd expect, including Amazon UK and Amazon US


To find out more about me and my books, come to my site: http://justineelyot.com/

Do you have a personal favourite confessional or secret diary erotic book? I'd love to hear your recommendations.


Thanks for reading, and thanks again to Janine.

6 comments:

Janine Ashbless said...

Thank you for being here on my blog Justine!

I bought two volumes of the confessions about sexual fantasies edited by Nancy Friday. I haven't re-read them in years ... but I do seem to remember something about a gorilla. That one stood out, lol!

Jo said...

I REMEMBER THE GORILLA!

My friend's assessment of the surprise wierder ones: 'Eh, you did what, with your auntie??'

Janine Ashbless said...

Lmao!

Janine Ashbless said...

Anyone who fancies contributing to a new book in the Nancy friday vein might take a look here:
http://www.cliterati.co.uk/2013/03/news-cliterati-founder-seeks-female-sex-fantasies-for-new-book/

Liz said...

Thanks for that link Janine, when I read My Secret Garden I always wished I had been around to contribute! That & Men in Love should be compulsory reading. Justine's book looks great too!

Janine Ashbless said...

Yay - go contribute! We can make history with our, um, gorilla fantasies :-D