Friday 24 December 2010

Merry Xmas everyone!



(This is the fairy that goes at the top of my Xmas tree every year. Look - no one ever said it has to be a nice fairy, did they?)

Here's wishing you and yours a happy and peaceful holiday season. May you keep warm, eat good food, and be with those you love!

Doxology poem wot I wrote while decorating the tree yesterday:

Praise the tree and praise the wood
Praise the earth on which they stood.

Praise the branch and praise the leaf
Praise the firm strong bole beneath.

Praise the roots that grow unseen
Praise the fir - the ever green.


And now I'm off to defrost my quorn frankfurters for the chestnut stuffing...

4 comments:

Kat Black said...

Love the poem - kinda hoping for one about the quorn now - and the fairy is very, erm, festive. No tree for me this year but I'd fancy topping it with something like this if I had one. All the joys to you and yours.

Janine Ashbless said...

A quorn poem, eh? I'll be working on that as I make the stuffing :-)

Jo said...

Oh, hahaha

Myco-protein, praise the Quorn
That keeps the piggies safe from harm...

your tree fairy is... I have no words. I have an incredible silvered, glittered, sequinned paper plate angel from playschool hanging on mine, and it rocks!

I LOVE your poem, it's beautiful.

Happy Christmas, Janine and all your commenters!

Craig Sorensen said...

Excellent poem! Have a wonderful holiday.