Monday 20 December 2010

Eyecandy Monday - blissed out


This wasn't the post I was planning.

My family were supposed to be turning up today for a week, but Dad just rang and cancelled because they're trapped at home by snow. So I'm not in the hurry I expected to be. I was out with the dogs at the crack of dawn, walking over the snowbound fields under pale blue skies, with a bastardised Tim Minchin lyric spinning round in my head.

It's my life 
And it's fine 
It's where I spend the vast majority of my time
It's not perfect
But it's mine.

I've spent a week with friends I love dearly: mostly writing: walking in snow, seeing the dogs dance with joy. I have no words for how beautiful the world looks from here.

5 comments:

Jo said...

That's lovely, Janine! You'll have post Christmas fun, I'm sure.

I was thinking of you this morning, watching the news - and being v v grateful I'm not sleeping in an airport at the moment!

Janine Ashbless said...

Every time people try to visit me it provokes a blizzard. What is the weather-god trying to say?
;-)

Jo said...

Ohh, the god of Winter is hiding round the corner, he wants you all to himself :)

Janine Ashbless said...

That makes me a Terry Pratchett heroine, doesn't it? :-P

Madeline Moore said...

Love the eye candy, Janine.
I get the feeling you are content.
That makes me happy, Janine.
Have a contented Christmas.

xoxo Mad