Wednesday 17 February 2010

Chicago on the Tyne

Last weekend I caught the national tour of Chicago, in Newcastle. It was a really impressive production, and I doubt that a fitter or sexier chorus line has ever graced the stage!
:-)
Billy Flynn was played by Marti Pellow, who used to be a pop singer back in the day. He certainly has a few fans who still remember him, judging by the cheer that went up when he appeared.

For once, the stage version impressed even more than the film. The only disappointment was that, having seen Queen Latifah play Mama Morton in the movie version, nothing else can compare. I mean, Queen Latifah was far and away the hottest thing in the film. Or maybe ever, in the history of the world...

2 comments:

Sekrit Shoppa said...

Wahey 'I feel it in my fingers, I feel it in my toes', ack, I hated that song! Never fancied Marti back in the day, but he is looking a LOT better, and it's good to see him well and truly over his bad times.

Janine Ashbless said...

There certainly was no end to that song, was there?

No, I never was a Wet Wet Wet fan either, but Marti can certainly sing.