Monday 28 December 2009

Eyecandy Monday



Struggling to stay awake these last couple of days...

Once upon a time, though, I wrote a short story called Sleep Tight, which was a contemporary spin on the Sleeping Beauty fairytale. I sold it to Kristina Wright for her Fairy Tale Lust anthology (out from Cleis in July 2010). Now, reprinted from her blog, here is the whole line-up for that anthology. It looks awesome!

Foreword by Angela Knight ,
Introduction: Once Upon a Time…
The Obedient Wife by Delilah Devlin
How the Little Mermaid Got Her Tail Back by Andrea Dale
Ducking by Craig Sorensen
Three Times by Justine Elyot
Ellie and the Shoemaker by Louisa Harte
The Pub Owner’s Daughter by Alegra Verde
Sleep Tight by Janine Ashbless
Her Hair is a Net, Woven by Shanna Germain
Mind Your Peas and Qs by Allison Wonderland
Demon Muse by Kristina Wright
Gildi and the Unwieldy, Ineffectual Committee of Bears by Jeremy Edwards
Frosted Glass by Aurelia T. Evans
Gingerbread Man by Carol Hassler
All In a Day’s Work by Saskia Walker
Big Bad Wolf (An Excerpt) by Alana Noël Voth
The Kiss by Michelle Augello-Page
The Return by Charlotte Stein
The Stone Room by A.D.R. Forte

And here's the official blurb from Amazon:

"Award-winning novelist and top erotica writer Kristina Wright goes over the river and through the woods to find the sexiest fairy tales ever written. Playfully seductive, supernaturally sensual, and darkly erotic, Fairy Tale Lust showcases clever twists to classic tales and introduces new stories inspired by the ever-popular genre. Here, a walk in the forest is likely to lead to an erotic encounter with a mysterious stranger and the silver light of a full moon might illuminate an orgy of sensual delights! Highly imaginative and downright stimulating, these stories take fairy tale erotica to the next level. Top erotica contributors deliver sizzling work, including Janine Ashbless, Rachel Kramer Bussel, Delilah Devlin, Shanna Germaine, and Saskia Walker."

I get cover mention! Yay!

You can pre-order at:
Amazon US : Amazon UK

3 comments:

Lucy Felthouse said...

Ooh, lovely eye candy - thanks Janine!

Congrats on the story publication. I intended to submit to that but I've been too lax with my writing! I plan to rectify that immediately!

Madeline Moore said...

What a nice way to start the day.
I like Mr Mancandy's down.

As for your story, congratulations Janine. I admit erotic fairy tales is one theme that escapes me - as a writer, anyway. Then I read them as penned by authors such as yourself and say, 'Oh! I get it! Terrific!'
and yet...

Ah well, there is joy in being a simple reader, too. One who delights in the work as it is - not rewriting it while reading it.
(I've been doing a lot of that lately, with contemporary novels.)

I'll watch out for this antho.

Janine Ashbless said...

Write, Lucy! I am your Good Fairy and I'm telling you to!
;-)
Madeline, erotic fairytales is of course my favourite theme (I struggle with giving them a contemporary setting, I admit, so this particular anthology was far from a walk in the park for me). There's just a wicked something about twisting the familiar and innocent into the strange and perverse that really sets my imagination going! So I'm really looking forward to being a "simple reader" of this particular collection too.