Thursday 15 October 2009

Low-Carb Diet: Day 7

Today's Menu:

Breakfast:  Peanut smoothie. (Okay. Filling. Doesn't involve frying anything, which is good.)

Lunch: Asparagus, pak-choi and tomato grilled with gruyere cheese.

Dinner: Tofu curry (much better this time - fried not grilled.)

Snack: red fruit jelly (made with fruit teabags, lol!), double cream



Here's a list of the things I've got in my kitchen that I never used before starting this diet:
  • Mayonnaise
  • Tobasco sauce (I like to combine these two, it turns out)
  • Nutritional yeast flakes (sounds awful but actually they taste like toasted cheese and not marmite)
  • Flax seeds
  • Pak-choi
  • Onion salt
  • Mustard powder
  • No-sugar sweetner
  • Soya protein isolate powder (for making shakes with. Makes me look like I've got a serious coke habit, as it gets everywhere)
  • An electric blender
  • Scales that weigh in individual grammes
Tomorrow - the weigh-in!

2 comments:

Erobintica said...

I've got my fingers crossed for you. I've lost 2 lbs so far - just starting out - I weigh every day though.

Janine Ashbless said...

Oh, good luck Erobintica! Are you doing the veggie version or the Atkins baconfest?