Saturday 19 September 2009

"We thought we were safe with our little depravities. "


Well, I was going to Talk Like a Pirate today, but I got all flustered and lost it.

Billierosie has posted on her blog a review of Dark Enchantment, my latest short story collection, which makes me feel scared to read my own book. Oh, it's not a negative review - just the opposite. But faced with praise like "Janine goes beyond mere fetish, exposing our fatal flaws and secrets" I go bright red and don't know what to say. For a writer I'm terribly inarticuate! I don't have the words to describe what a privilege it is to be able to touch a reader's inner life like that, through my storytelling. That's all I ever wanted to do: tell stories. And pull  people into the worlds within.  

So, inadequate though my thanks are: Thank you Billierosie.

Buy at Amazon US : Buy at Amazon UK

3 comments:

neve black said...

Wow! Congratulations!

Awesome, wench (piratey) :-)

Janine Ashbless said...

I'll drink to that, matey!

Madeline Moore said...

Great to see a well-written book receive a well-written review. And much deserved, J.