Friday 25 September 2009

Heart of Flame - update




Some cheery news - my Arabian Nights adventure-romance Heart of Flame (all 446 pages pictures above) has crept a small step closer to publication. I've heard back from the editor at CatScratch: line-edits are "in the post" and she's given me a page of plot changes she'd like - having accurately put her finger on every small but nagging weakness I already knew. Goddamn - now that's what a good editor is for.

By the way, she said of the book as whole: "I love it! Truly! I thought it was fun, well-paced and the sex-scenes were steamy! You've a professional, so I know that you would only send me something that you were happy to put your name to, but I have to say, I never thought I would love this book as much as I do."

Now I must go and make sacrifice to the Gods of Plot Inspiration ....

4 comments:

neve black said...

Great news, indeed! I always appreciate the honesty, don't you?

Craig Sorensen said...

Congrats, Janine.

Enjoy that sacrifice!

Janine Ashbless said...

Yes Neve, getting editorial input always makes me nervous but it's worth it when it comes to the end result.

Madeline Moore said...

Oh Janine you're giving me cat scratch fever.

What a huge accomplishment. Brava!