Tuesday 3 March 2009

The News This Week...

Lots of news ...

The biggest bit is that my short story collection Dark Enchantment is out TODAY west of the Atlantic. So if your appetite was whetted by all those excerpts in January and you've been seething with frustration, you can buy it now on Amazon US. Yippee! (And if you missed the excerpts, just scroll down the right-hand bar on this blog and click on the January archive.)

Next, I've had a couple of short stories accepted for future Black Lace anthologies. My story "Michelanglo's Men" is going to be in Sexy Little Numbers. The BL editor said: "I loved the female narrator. You do positively evil minxes so well."

Evil minxes? Moi? ;-)


And my story "The Icing on the Cake" is going to appear in the anthology Misbehaviour. It's a very messy story indeed: the editor describes it as "probably the closest Black Lace has come to splodge." Yeah ... we're talking icing and and anal!

And last but not least, Jade magazine (who named me their Writer of the Year) have asked to do a feature on me for a future issue. Isn't that great?

:-)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Janine -

Just blog-hopping and ended up over here. :) Congratulations! And I also just read the entry you linked to about being named Writer of the Year by Jade. Wow!!! Congratulations!!

:)

EllaRegina said...

Hello Janine!

I echo Emerald's wow!

Congratulations!

Congratulations!

Congratulations!

Congratulations!

(In that order). :-)

Janine Ashbless said...

Woohoo! I'm online (briefly)!Thanks, Emerald and Ellaregina!

Craig Sorensen said...

Hear, hear!

So many things to congratulate you for, I need to get my copy of Dark Enchantment to celebrate!

Sekrit Shoppa said...

Wahey! 'Evil minxes', eh? Can't wait to read it.

Erobintica said...

All sorts of wonderful stuff. Congrats!

"The Icing on the Cake" - it certainly is. ;-)

Love it.

Janine Ashbless said...

Aintcha all lovely?
Argh, I want to blogchat. Can't. Will have to find displacement activity...

Neve Black said...

Hi there,
Better late than never.

Congratulations! This is fabulous news!

Charlotte Stein aka The Mighty Viper said...

I cannot *wait* to read the splodge. I want splodge now! Am I saying something really rude by mistake when I say that?

Congrats, Janine. Not that you need it. I told you so!